Going on a motoring vacation across Europe is a great idea. Exploring the natural beauty and city life in Europe on your own vehicle is inviting for sure. And it will be a great experience too. But that is until your vehicle breaks down and you are stuck on an unfamiliar roadside. A broken vehicle is an inconvenience even when you are just a couple of miles away from home. But when you are in another country, you don’t even know your way around. And you don’t have any idea about whom to call. And you might not even know the local language of the country. And finding a garage that you can trust is a struggle. In such situations, things turn from inconvenient to stressful sooner than you’d imagine. But a White Recovery European breakdown cover will make sure you get help before the panic starts.
European Breakdown Cover – What is It?
Your local breakdown cover offers coverage only in the UK. If you are travelling to another country in Europe, you will need a specific cover for your trip. European Breakdown cover ensures you get immediate assistance in case of adversity. And complete peace of mind during your trip.
Unlike local and nationwide covers, your European breakdown cover doesn’t vary based on the vehicle. Irrespective of the vehicle, European breakdown cover will offer coverage during the trip.
What Does European Breakdown Cover Include?
What does your European breakdown cover include depends on the plan that you pick.
Some common features offered include –
- Roadside assistance across Europe.
- Tow facility to the nearest garage.
- Contribution towards garage costs.*
- The cost of repatriating your vehicle back home.* This is when your vehicle’s condition is not beyond economic repair.
- Transportation cost for onward journey.**
- Cost of accommodation, if you require an unplanned stay.**
- 24/7 English speaking helpline.
* The exact amount up to which you get coverage depends on the plan you choose.
** Not available in the basic plan.
Types of European Breakdown Cover
At White Recovery, we understand that everyone has different needs. There is no one-size-fits-all European breakdown cover. And that’s why we offer different types of European breakdown covers. Different plans ensure we are able to satisfy users with different needs and budgets.
Types of European Breakdown Covers Based on the Time Period of your Trip
1. Single trip cover – If you are going on a European tour for only a couple of days, a single trip cover will be enough. Such a cover is valid for a short duration (between 1 to 180 days).
2. Annual cover – If you frequently travel to Europe, going for an annual cover would be a wiser option. This would save you from the cost of multiple single trip covers. The annual cover offers breakdown coverage for your every trip to Europe within the year.
3. Temporary cover – If you are travelling for a very short period of time, you can go for a temporary cover. Such a cover is available for a minimum of one hour and up to 30 days. You can buy a temporary cover on a pay-per-day basis.
Types of European Breakdown Covers Based on Coverage Levels
1. Basic Cover – If you completely trust your vehicle and believe you won’t have a major breakdown, basic coverage will be fine. One point to mention here is that the basic cover won’t include onward travel and accommodation expenses.
2. Intermediate Cover – For older vehicles and vehicles with a history of breakdown, the intermediate cover is a better pick. You get coverage for onward travel and accommodation expenses (due to breakdown) as well.
3. Comprehensive Cover – If you want complete peace of mind, a comprehensive cover will be the most suitable. With comprehensive cover, you get everything included in the intermediate cover plus you get coverage in the UK, starting a few days before your departure.
Types of European Breakdown Covers Based on Country/Countries of Travel
Which countries you travel to during your trip affects the types of plans available to you. We offer breakdown coverage in more than 40 European countries. They include Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium, Croatia, Ireland and more.
You can contact us to know about the available plans depending on the countries you plan to visit.
You can explore our European breakdown plans below:
Don’t Skip Packing European Breakdown Cover for Your Trip
When you are planning a trip, your foremost priority is to cut down on unnecessary expenses. But if you consider European breakdown cover as an avoidable expense, you are in for a ride. A very bumpy and unpleasant ride, in fact.
The smallest vehicle issues can become a big deal when abroad. A flat tire or a dead battery might not push you into panic mode when you are in your town. But in another country, where you don’t even know how far the nearest garage is, things can get tricky.
Also, you might be in a non-English speaking country. The locals, no matter how friendly, might not be able to help you with directions or what to do next. That’s when your European breakdown cover comes in to save the day.
You get 24/7 English assistance on call. As soon as you sense something wrong, take your vehicle to a safe roadside (if possible). Keep your blinkers on. And step aside from the vehicle. And then just give us a call. Once we know where you are, we will send immediate help.
And from then on, you don’t have to worry about your vehicle or your trip. We will make sure everything is under control, and you are able to resume your trip at the earliest.
White Recovery makes sure vehicle breakdowns don’t put a brake on the fun.
If anything goes wrong, we will be by your side for help. If not, your European breakdown cover will, at least, offer you mental peace during your trip.
Europen Breakdown Cover Prices
Basic – From £7**
Advanced – From £9**
Europen Breakdown Cover – FAQ’s
1. European breakdown cover is available for which vehicles?
White Recovery offers European breakdown cover for all vehicles, irrespective of their age. The following vehicles are eligible for coverage –
- Light vans
However, the vehicle should meet the following criteria –
- It should be a private vehicle.
- The vehicle should be registered in the UK.
- The vehicle should be no bigger than 7x3x2.55m in length, height and width.
- The Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) should be less than 3.5 tonnes.
2. What level of European breakdown cover do I need?
If you aren’t sure about which plan is the most suitable for you, try answering the following questions –
- How long is your trip?
- How many countries will you be travelling to?
- How old is your vehicle?
- Does your vehicle have a history of breakdown?
Depending on the answers to these questions, you can choose a suitable plan. If you are still confused, don’t hesitate to contact us for help.
3. Will I get a refund if I don’t make the trip?
At White Recovery, we understand that unforeseen situations can lead to cancelled trips. And in the unfortunate situation when you aren’t able to take a trip, we offer a refund. You just have to get in touch with us before your departure date, and we will be happy to process your refund.
4. What are my options if I have a breakdown in Europe and don’t have cover?
If you have a breakdown outside the UK and do not have a European breakdown cover, we won’t be able to help you. Unlike local cover, European breakdown isn’t available on-spot. You will have to call a rescue company in such a situation.
We recommend getting European breakdown cover before you set out for your trip. This offers peace of mind and ensures you get help in unforeseen situations.